Are you an experienced IT infrastructure person with some AWS experience looking to focus on AWS full-time? Or perhaps you already have a lot of AWS experience, but you want a better work environment with more control and flexibility. If so, we have the role for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A ridiculously great work environment. Our top priority as a company is creating a place where people love to work. Our office is relaxed, collaborative, and fun. We started our business with the premise that smart and creative people have a strong distaste for bureaucracy and micromanagement and they find it painful to work for small-minded people/companies. They want to come to work to make an impact, solve interesting problems, help their teammates, grow their skills and their careers, and build something great. We give you the freedom, respect, and resources to do all that and we try not to suck your life force dry you, so it’s possible to work here for years and years. We believe your job shouldn’t feel like a job.
- Ability to Work Remotely. While it would be great if you happen to live in the Boston area, it’s not a requirement. We collaborate using Slack and Hangouts, and it works great. We try to get together at least quarterly, either by flying you to our office, meeting you at AWS re:Invent, or perhaps somewhere else. The hours and location are insanely flexible.
- Grow your AWS Skills. We have a steady stream of incredibly exciting and challenging AWS migration and deployment work. Work alongside incredibly talented AWS solutions architects and learn the AWS platform inside and out.
The Job Role
We want you to help build our AWS practice. We already have a steady stream of challenging and exciting AWS migration projects, so we need help managing and executing those projects from start-to-finish. Also, we have a growing list of clients that rely on us to provide on-going management and security monitoring of their AWS workloads, so we are constantly looking to optimize and automate our processes. Finally, we need subject matter experts for the many parts of the sprawling AWS platform. No one person can know everything, so we divide and conquer and help each other out.
WHO WE ARE
We are Privo, a small IT infrastructure consulting firm located in Woburn, MA with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cyber security. Our website has been languishing for quite some time so please don’t judge! We are inundated with work and growing like crazy; we have more important things to do!
Think for a moment about the vast numbers of servers humming away in dusty server closets and colo’s around the world. Virtually all businesses that still own and operate their servers (over 90% of businesses!) know they should move to the cloud, but they lack the time and expertise to architect, migrate, and manage their infrastructure in the cloud. It requires knowledge of not just of the AWS platform but also of networking, VPNs, databases, Linux, Windows, security, monitoring, scalability, backups, and much more.
Finding people with these skills--AWS, general IT infrastructure, and security--is like hunting for winged unicorns. On one hand, it’s why our services are so in demand, but it’s also why we are always struggling to find people to meet that demand. Therefore we seek individuals who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn and give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
THE COVER LETTER IS KEY
If this sounds like your kind of place, we, of course, want to see your resume, but more importantly, we want to hear from you why you think you would be successful here. We’re not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story. If you half-ass a cover letter or send something generic, we’re going to half-ass our consideration of it and send you a generic rejection letter. No offense.
We look forward to meeting you!
- 5-10+ years of IT infrastructure experience overall
- 1+ years of experience migrating and managing workloads to AWS
- Deep Linux system administration expertise. Experience supporting web applications preferred.
- Expertise with EC2, VPC, S3, Glacier, ELB, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and more
- Fluency with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures, etc. preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- Any experience with New Relic, Trend Micro Deep Security, Sumo Logic or CloudCheckr is helpful
- Experience planning and executing IT projects with minimal delays and end-user disruption
- Other-worldly communications and customer service skills
- An infectious positive attitude
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects going on
- A great work environment
- Free training and certifications
- Bonuses paid for completing certifications
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Fitness reimbursement plan
- Cell phone stipend
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days per week
- Company issued laptop that doesn’t suck
- 401K after 6 months